Stacy Family

Stacy Family

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Folsom Blues Breakout Half-Marathon

October 18th- I ran the Folsom Blues Half Marathon with Kristin and our good friend Kierstin. It was a chilly startline near the Folsom prison with Johnny Cash music blasting getting everyone pumped up to start. It was fun to train and prepare for this race with my sister although I knew she would kick my butt in the end. The first few miles started out with a nice downhill and helped with time for me later in the race. The course went around the beautiful Lake Natoma and was beautiful but did get a little warm in some parts and had a few hills. I was able to stick to my pace for about the first 8 miles but started having IT pain and had to slow it down for the last 5 miles. It was tough! I did manage to PR though so I was happy about that! All three of us PR'd which was awesome. Fun times! 





1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you Kari and all running you have done and goals you have reached! Congrats on this half marathon! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete